Right to Quality Education Team
At the RQE we aim to enhance public knowledge of key issues faced by children in Africa so that we can garner support from the community and hope to learn about more funding opportunities in the future.
Furthermore, our goal is to acquire enough funding—which is vital to our organization—to implement our developmental project in building washroom and toilet facilities desperately needed in impoverish schools in parts of Africa. Enough funding will enable us to improve our projects so that we can reach a wider audience and help as many people in achieving a quality education.
- Long-term Goal
To create awareness about the need to support vulnerable children (students) in African continent, by providing them with safe and conducive school/ educational environment.
- The Right to Quality Education Team (RQET) likes to create safe learning environment for every student which will positively influences his/her academic performance.
- Raise awareness through various Social Media Platform- by demonstrating the various predicament and challenges African students face by not having access to clean water and toilet facilities during school hours.
- To canvas support from other Non governmental Organizations, the International community, companies and individuals concerning the need to help mitigate the burden of proving schools in Africa with decent toilet and washroom facilities.
- Through our developmental projects, we aim ultimately to reduce poverty rate by providing a safer, conducive and a more optimal educational environment for African children.
Short-term Goal (2020)
- Establish partnership in the region.
Prepare for the 2020 World Toilet Day celebration, by exposing the goals of the day through our social media platform.
- Work to make the practice of open defecation history.
“More than ever in our modern history, the importance of SDG 3 (right to health) and SDG 4 (right to education) has become apparent. At the Centre for African Justice and Human Right’s right to quality education department, we thrive to close the gap between the two, ensuring sound, inclusive and healthy environment for children in Africa to study in.